June 1st-July 31st: Read and log your books!
Kids & Teens Summer Reading Program
- Log 300 minutes total during June and July to complete the program, win your prize bag, and be entered into the grand prize drawing. Continue logging minutes to earn additional entries into the grand prize drawing.
- Complete 3 online activities in June to receive another entry into the grand prize drawing.
- Complete 3 more online activities in July to receive another entry into the grand prize drawing.
Adults Summer Reading Program
- Log 6 books total during June and July to complete the program, win your prize, and be entered into the prize bundle drawing. Read 2 more books (for a total of 8 books read during June and July) and get another entry into our prize bundle drawing.
- Complete 3 online activities in June to receive another entry into the prize bundle drawing.
- Complete 3 more online activities in July to receive another entry into the prize bundle drawing.
Summer Reading Kick-Off - June 7thCelebrate the start of Summer Reading with a FREE movie, Sing (2016)! Rep. Sharice Davids will also be there to talk about her new children's book "Sharice's Big Voice." Each car will get a free signed copy! Patrons are invited to join Kansas City, Kansas Public Library at Boulevard Drive-In to celebrate the start of our Summer Reading Program on the evening of Monday, June 7th.
Get Directions to Boulevard Drive-In
- 7:00pm -- Gates Open
- 8:00pm -- Pre-show Fun (Pre-show entertainment will include videos highlighting library services, a trivia contest patrons can participate in using their phones, and an interview with Rep. Sharice Davids about her new children’s book "Sharice’s Big Voice." Each car of attendees will receive a signed copy of the book, along with summer reading logs and other information on participating in the Summer Reading Program!)
- 9:15pm -- Sing (2016) Movie Starts
Online Reading Log
or download the Beanstack Tracker App to log
Paper Reading Log
For those reading in groups, use these links to sign up and track your group's reading.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is it for?
Summer reading is for patrons of all ages! The youth summer reading program is for children from birth through those entering their final year of high school. The adult summer reading program is for those after Grade 12 and beyond.
- How do I participate?
Register online via Beanstack. Read books, log your minutes or books read, and complete the activities to earn prizes!
- What are the online activites?
After registering via Beanstack, online activities for the month of June and July will be shown during those months. Complete 3 online activities each month to earn another entry into the grand prize drawing.
- How do we pick up our prizes?
All prizes will be available to pick up from June 1-August 31st. (Please note the program ends July 31st and no more logging can occur after that date, but prize pick up is extended for one month after.) Prize packs available while supplies last. The participant must be present to pick up prizes.
- I can't access an online log, what are my options?
You can print off a paper log to track your logging. Or if you need assistance with Beanstack, librarians will be able to help you over the phone to log your minutes read.
- How do I register on Beanstack?
For help registering on Beanstack, email SummerReading@kckpl.org or view the tutorial video below.